If you saw my previous Protein Mug Cake recipe and were hoping for a flourless version, or just a different take you’ve come to the right place. This quick snack is full of fresh flavors thanks to the lemon and blueberry, and can be made with oat or almond flour, whatever your preference. If you don’t like protein powder, or don’t have any on hand, just use more of the flour of your choice in its place. Feel free to swap in different berries, yogurt flavors, and protein flavors to switch things up.
Vegan Blueberry Protein Yogurt Mug Cake
I like to use Kite Hill Greek yogurt alternative in this recipe for moisture, and an etra boost of plant protein.
- 2 Tbs Kite Hill Greek Yogurt plain or vanilla, unsweetened
- 3 Tbs oat flour or almond flour
- 3 Tbs vegan vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 – 1 Tbs maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 heaping tsp baking powder (about 1/3 tsp)
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- In a small bowl or coffee mug, combine the yogurt, flour, protein powder, sweetener and baking powder.
- Stir in milk.
- Stir in blueberries.
- If you used a bowl, transfer the mix to a coffee mug. Microwave on high for 1 minute and check on it. If there are wet spots larger than a dime, keep microwaving in 20 second intervals for up to 2 1/2 minutes.
Nutritional info based on preparation using unsweetened Kite Hill Greek yogurt and almond milk, and Lakanto maple-flavored syrup.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 309mg | Sugar: 2g