A few years back I made a 7-layer taco dip-inspired version of Lasagna Dip meant to be served cold, but given the record low temperatures in Chicago the last few days I figured a hot version would be a welcome addition. This one’s made with Upton’s Naturals seitan (if you get the Italian Seitan you can skip the added garlic and Italian seasoning), Kite Hill Almond Milk Ricotta Alternative, Violife Mozzarella Shreds and Follow Your Heart Parmesan – it’s a real who’s who of vegan products! I also made air fryer pasta chips (sub vegan parm in this recipe) but this would also be great on some toasted slices of crusty bread.
Vegan Lasagna Dip
- 1 12" cast iron skillet
- 1 package Upton's Naturals Ground Seitan or Italian Seitan (see note)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 container Kite Hill Almond Milk Ricotta Alternative
- 2 cups vegan mozzarella shreds
- 1/4 cup grated vegan Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Over medium heat, cook up the seitan in the cast iron skillet. After 2-3 minutes, add the Italian seasoning and garlic. (See note if using Italian Seitan.) Cook for about 5 minutes total.
- Add the marinara and stir. Bring to a simmer, then turn off heat.
- Top with dollops of vegan ricotta, and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Add shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the dip is bubbling hot.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve hot.