Communal chip n’ dip bowls? In this economy? No thank you! Eliminate any and all risk of the double dip with this recipe for Vegan Spinach Dip Cups. I use store-bought puff pastry (often accidentally vegan – just check the label), Kite Hill Cream Cheese and Sour Cream Alternative, Violife Vegan Parmesan, and frozen spinach so the whole thing comes together really quickly. Feel free to add in your family’s favorite spinach dip faves – my husband has requested water chestnuts in the next batch!
Vegan Spinach Dip Cups
- 1 (8 oz) container Kite Hill Cream Cheese Alternative or your favorite vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Kite Hill Sour Cream Alternative or your favorite vegan sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegan Parmesan grated, plus more to sprinkle
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 5 oz frozen spinach thaw, and squeeze as much water out as you can
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 package frozen or refrigerated vegan puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place cream cheese, sour cream, 1/4 cup grated cheese, spinach, garlic, and onion powder in a bowl. Use a hand mixer to combine.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin, or 24-cup mini muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Use a pizza cutter to slice puff pastry into 12-24 squares depending on muffin tin size you're using.
- Press pastry squares into each muffin cup.
- Evenly distribute cream cheese filling into each cup. They don't need to be full as the pastry will puff up when it bakes.
- Top each filled cup with a bit more grated cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until the pastry is golden and the filling is hot.
- These can be served warm or room temperature, but let them cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pan and serving them.