I’m so excited to share a recipe from The Vegan Roadie Dustin Harder’s (@theveganroadie) new book, Epic Vegan: Wild and Over-the-Top Plant-Based Recipes. Truly, he is a man after my own heart. The Crab Rangoon Pizza all starts with this simple Pizza Dough, but of course if you’re short on time you can skip ahead with store bought.
Please note that some links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you click and make a purchase I could earn a commission. However, this is not a sponsored post and the opinions expressed here are my own. Photo and recipe by Dustin Harder. Shared with permission from Fair Winds Press, an imprint of Quarto Publishing Group.
Vegan Pizza Crust
By May 31, 2019Published:
- Yield: 2 x 12-inch (30-cm) pizza
For more amazing vegan recipes, check out Epic Vegan by Dustin Harder!
- 1 & 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 & 1/4 tsp active dry yeast (¼-ounce/7 g packet)
- 1 tsp organic cane sugar
- 4 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the water, yeast, and sugar. Set aside for 10 minutes, until foamy.
- In a large bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine the flour, salt, maple syrup, and olive oil. Add the yeast mixture. Mix until well combined using a wooden spoon or the dough hook on low speed. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour, 1 tablespoon (15 ml) at a time as needed, and knead the dough for about 3 minutes, until a stiff ball of dough has formed.
- Coat the dough on all sides with the olive oil and place in a clean bowl. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rest in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a floured surface. Cut the dough in half and stretch or roll out the dough according to a recipe, as needed. Store unused dough, wrapped in plastic wrapor large resealable plastic bags with the air pressed out, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. But for best results, use the dough when it is fresh.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress