I can’t wait for The Vegan Roadie Dustin Harder’s (@theveganroadie) new book, Epic Vegan: Wild and Over-the-Top Plant-Based Recipes. I’m sharing his recipe for Crab Rangoon Pizza, which includes homemade vegan cream cheese. But if you’re pressed for time, or just hungry, you can swap in your favorite store-bought!
Please note that some links in this post are affiliate links, which means if you click and make a purchase I could earn a commission. However, this is not a sponsored post and the opinions expressed here are my own. Photo and recipe by Dustin Harder. Shared with permission from Fair Winds Press, an imprint of Quarto Publishing Group.
Dreamy Creamy (Vegan) Cream Cheese
By May 31, 2019Published:
- Yield: 1½ cups
Tip from Dustin: The thickness and tanginess of the cream cheese increases slightly when refrigerated overnight or over a couple days, but it is delicious when eaten straight away too!
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water overnight or boiled for 10 minutes and drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs sauerkraut
- 1 Tbs white miso
- 1 Tbs onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions optional
- Add the cashews, milk, lemon juice, sauerkraut, miso, onion powder, and salt to a high-speed blender. Start blending on low speed and gradually increase the speed as more of the ingredients break down. This will take some time to get a nice smooth texture, but I promise you, it’s worth it!
- Periodically stop and scrape down the sides of the blender to make sure all of the ingredients are being incorporated. Be patient, and blend until smooth and creamy—it will take several minutes and some stopping and going.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the scallions, if using, until well incorporated. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress