I bet you never in a million years expected to see the words “raw vegan” on this site. Bake and Destroy – a celebration of refined sugars and white flour. Have I gone health vegan on you? Are overflowing mason jar smoothies just around the corner?
Nah, don’t worry about me, I’m still dedicated fully to being gross – and part of that dedication means eating raw batter and dough every chance I get. Now you could go through the trouble of making actual blueberry muffin batter just to lick the mixing spoon, or you could just make these bites, which take about 5 minutes to come together.
While I did receive the Bob’s Red Mill dried blueberries and I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Hot Cereal in this recipe for free, I was not compensated for this post. Please note that some links are affiliate links, which means if you click and purchase, I may earn a comission.
Raw Vegan Blueberry Muffin Bites
By March 12, 2017Published:
- Yield: 2 dozen
For this recipe, I used dried blueberries, rehydrated in water for 15 mins because they're less messy than fresh or frozen, and toasted quinoa flakes, which have a more mellow, nutty flavor than other quinoa flakes.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup I Heart Keenwah Toasted Quinoa Hot Cereal (toasted quinoa flakes)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- zest from one organic lemon
- 3 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbs pure vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp almond extract, if you prefer
- 1/4 cup Bob's Red Mill dried blueberries rehydrated in warm water for 15 mins prior to adding
- I recommend using a food processor as opposed to a blender to make these as the dough is quite sticky.
- In a food processor, pulse together the cashews, quinoa flakes, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until it forms a fine meal texture. Be careful not to pulse it into cashew butter.
- Add the lemon zest, maple syrup and vanilla and pulse until smooth. It will form a ball. Scrape down the sides and pulse until everything is blended.
- Scrape the dough into a bowl, and stir in the blueberries. You might need to get in there with your hands.
- Scoop out 1 tsp sized balls of dough, and roll smooth between your palms. I place mine directly into a resealable container so I can store them in the fridge. You can eat them right away, or refrigerate them until they're a little more firm. Store them in a covered container.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
These Blueberry Muffin Bites look delicious! I can’t wait to try them.Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for This Recipe BakeandDestry, This Blueberry Muffin Bites look quite delicious, I’m going to give it a try today, I will let you know with the results soon,