I received this recipe submission from Casey who swears by this chili, and says, “I actually hate football but passionately love 7-layer dip.”
Check out the other Vegan Super Bowl Snack Party recipes here!
Vegan Super Bowl Snack Party: Sweet Potato Chili Recipe
By January 13, 2014Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
I received this recipe submission from Casey who swears by this chili, and says, "I actually hate football but passionately love …
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 large sweet potatoe cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 head cauliflower finely chopped
- zest & juice of one lime
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 can kidney beans rinsed & drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded & chopped
- 1 Tbs cumin
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Warm the oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the onion, garlic, and salt. Sautee until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Steam the potato cubes until just barely fork tender.
- Add the sweet potato, cauliflower, and lime zest, and cook about 10 minutes more, continuing to stir occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, jalapeño, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and cocoa, bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Remove from heat and serve with condiments such as:
Vegan cheese shreds,
Vegan sour cream,
Chopped green onion,
& Lime wedges
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress