I shock and horrify my punk rock friends with my genuine love of football. Yes, they are the same jocks who laughed at us and called us names in high school but I forgive them because I love violence and spinach dip. You can’t properly watch the game with your buddies without a heaping bowl of tangy spinach dip, and being vegan is no excuse. Here I’ve added kale for additional green power, and replaced soup mix with a couple of MSG-free seasonings.
Vegan Super Bowl Snack Party: Game Day Dip Recipe
By January 13, 2014Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
I like to use Vegeta seasoning in my Mac & Yeast as well. If you can’t find it, use your favorite seasoned salt or celery salt instead. Jazz up your dip as you see fit by adding red bell peppers, green onions, or any other flavorful veggies, herbs and seasonings you like!
- 1 12 oz block silken tofu
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cups red onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Vegeta seasoning
- 1 packed cup chopped spinach
- 1 packed cup chopped curly kale leaves stemmed
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts
- black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, blend the tofu, lemon juice, onion, garlic, onion powder and Vegeta seasoning until smooth. Add the spinach, kale and water chestnuts and pulse 3-4 times (you want chunks and bumps). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Serve with bread, pita chips or veggie sticks.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress