Pot pies are a savory dish encased inside two flaky pastry crusts. This dish doesn’t have a crust at all, so technically it’s a casserole, but here’s the thing about that – I don’t care. I like to say “tot pot pie” and there is nothing anyone on this earth can do to stop me. Nothing. I might be small, but I’m quick with an eye-poke and I have burned bridges over things way more petty than this, so let’s not come to blows over me calling a casserole a pot pie, OK?
Anyway, this recipe uses my Vegan Nacho Chee-Zee Sauce recipe, minus the chipotle pepper. Although, if you want a spicy “nacho tot pot pie” then ya know, go ahead.
Vegan Tot Pot Pie Recipe Recipe
By April 18, 2013Published:
- Yield: 6-8 Servings
- Cook: 35 mins
Just when you thought saccharomyces cerevisiae couldn't get any more delicious...
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 chopped red pepper
- 1 (12 oz) can sweet corn drained
- 1 (12 oz) can black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 (12 oz) can Rotel (tomatoes with chilis) drained
- 1 batch Chee-Zee Sauce
- 1 24 oz bag frozen tater tots
- Prepare Chee-Zee Sauce as directed in recipe and set aside. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook 4-5 minutes until they soften.
- Add garlic and red pepper to the garlic and cook 2-3 more minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Chee-Zee Sauce, Rotel, corn, beans and garlic mixture.
- Scoop mixture into a large casserole dish, or into individual baking dishes.
- Top with frozen tots.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the tots are browned and the Chee-Zee Sauce is bubbling.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress