This recipe is adapted from Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero’s Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. I’m headed to a vegan potluck this afternoon and don’t know how many people to expect. This way, there’s at least a bite for everyone. I used their recipe for vegan fluffy buttercream icing as well, which you can find in my frostings and fillings section, but I substituted 1 tsp marshmallow flavor for vanilla, and threw in 1/2 tsp. vanilla. You can find marshmallow flavor at The Confectionery House. I topped each mini cupcake with a slathering of vegan ganache let it set over night in the fridge, although you could let it set for just long enough til, you know, it’s set. Then I topped it with a plop of marshmallow buttercream and some graham cracker dust.
For the cupcakes you’ll need:
- 3⁄4 C. Brown Sugar
- 1⁄2 C. Canola Oil
- 2 T. Molasses
- 1⁄4 C. Soy Yogurt
- 1 1⁄4 C. Soymilk
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 1 C. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 t. Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 t. Baking Soda
- 1⁄2 t. Cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 t. Salt
- 1⁄2 C. Vegan Graham Cracker Crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Mix brown sugar, oil, molasses, yogurt, soy milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
3. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a separate bowl and mix. Add graham cracker crumbs and mix it up.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet in three batches, mixing well after each addition.
5. Fill cupcake liners full. Bake for 15 minutes*, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean. Let cool completely before decorating.
*Remember I’ve altered this to make mini cupcakes. For full-sized cupcakes use the same recipe, just bake them for 20-25 minutes. You’ll get about a dozen cupcakes, more or less when you go full-sized. I got maybe 40 minis.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click and make a purchase I may earn a small commission.
I am going to make these. They look soooo good!!!