If you haven’t tried Kite Hill cheese yet consider this my official recommendation to do so immediately. If you have, consider this another reason to keep buying it. With just a few ingredients you can fancy up your store-bought vegan ricotta into this herbaceous spread. Perfect for spreading across a warm piece of crusty bread, or to use in Grilled Garden Vegetable Lasagna with Puttanesca Sauce.
Excerpted from Crossroads by Tal Ronnen with Scot Jones (Artisan Books). Copyright © 2015. Photographs by Lisa Romerein.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive compensation.
Easy Herb Ricotta
By October 12, 2015Published:
- Yield: 4 cups
From the author: We add fresh herbs to the almond ricotta to bring a little something extra to the pasta filling. We also use the herb ricotta filling for cappellacci.
- 4 cups Kite Hill almond ricotta
- 6 fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 4 fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mash together the almond ricotta, basil, parsley, garlic, and shallot in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. The ricotta can be prepared in advance, covered, and refrigerated for up to 5 days before using it as a pasta filling; leftovers keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress