This giveaway has ended, thanks for entering! Congrats Dyan!
I recently received a promo copy of Terry Walters’ revised & expanded edition of Clean Food, and have been really excited to get back into the kitchen making someone else’s recipes for a change. I get tons of questions about transitioning to a plant-based diet, so I love having a new cookbook to recommend. (Besides mine, of course!) Check out Terry’s recipe for Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos with Cashew Cheese, and check the end of this post to find out how you can win a copy of Clean Food!
Want to win a copy of Clean Food? Help spread the word about Terry Walters’ upcoming Clean Food online event. Tweet between today and 1/24 using the hashtag #cleanfood2013 and I’ll randomly select one of you to win this book!
Join @Terrywalters for #cleanfood2013 tips & recipes this Thurs at 7pm. Follow @bakeanddestroy for a chance to win the Clean Food cookbook!
Don’t do “the Twitter”? No worries, leave a comment on this post about your favorite veggie to enter.
This contest is open to residents of the US and Canada – good luck!
<a href=”http://mbsy.co/dvWc” target=”_blank” style=”outline:none;border:none;”><img src=”https://s3.amazonaws.com/ambassador/files/513_May_07_2013_00_49.gif” alt=”Vegan Cuts” border=”0″ /></a>
Clean Food: Recipe and Cookbook Giveaway Recipe
By January 20, 2013Published:
- Yield: 8 burritos (8 Servings)
This tasty burrito is packed with high-fiber veggies and super-simple cashew cheese, making it ideal for newbie vegans and omnivores alike!
- 3 sweet potatoes or yams
- 1/2 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 1 & 1/2 cups cooked black beans
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 8-10 soft corn tortillas
- 1 & 1/2 cups prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup cashew pieces
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare sweet potatoes: Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet or foil and bake 45 minutes or until soft. Remove from oven and cool.
- Prepare cashew cheese: In food processor, grind cashews to a fine meal. Add nutritional yeast and process briefly to combine. Add oil and process until you have a moist meal (do not overprocess or meal will become dough-like). Set aside.
- Set oven to broil. Place corn in strainer. Bring 1 cup water to boil and pour over corn to blanch or thaw.
- Peel sweet potatoes and mash with lime juice. Fold in black beans, onion and tomato. Spoon filling into center of each tortilla, roll up and place, seam side down in shallow casserole. Spoon salsa over top and broil 3 minutes. Remove from broiler, top with cashew cheese and corn and broil 2 more minutes, watching closely to keep cheese from burning. Remove from broiler, top with chopped scallions and serve.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress