There was an awesome vegan bakery in Ohio called Bombshell Bake Shop. They made some of the best cookies I’ve ever had, but my favorite of all their creations is the Fruit Punch Vinkie, a fruity, vegan version of a certain oblong snack cake you all know and love. In honor of Bombshell Bake Shop, here’s my version – the Winkie.
For the cakes you’ll need:
- 1 batch DIY Vanilla Cake Mix, prepared
- 1 pouch Tropical Punch Kool Aid
Follow the recipe below for step-by-step instructions.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission.
Vegan Fruit Punch Twinkies
By June 18, 2012Published:
There was an awesome vegan bakery in Ohio called Bombshell Bake Shop. They made some of the best cookies I’ve ever had, but my …
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1 & 3/4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2-3 Tbs soy milk
- 1 & 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coconut flavor
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease canoe pans or prepare homemade pans as described in lnk above.
- Prepare cake batter as described in link above. Stir Kool Aid into cake batter and scoop ¼ cup of batter into each cavity of the prepared pan.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until the tops of the cakes spring back with lightly touched. Cool in the pans for 5 minutes, then turn cakes out onto a cooling rack and cool completely. While the cakes cool, make the filling.
- Beat together shortening and margarine until well combined. Add the sugar, and beat for 3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons soy milk, vanilla and coconut flavoring and beat until fluffy - about 5 minutes. If the filling consistency is too thick, add another tablespoon of soy milk.
- If your canoe pan cake with a syringe, just load it up with your filling and inject each cake three times - inject on the flat side, which is the bottom. Otherwise, attach a pastry tip with a narrow end into a plastic baggie or pastry bag, fill the bag with icing and use the tip to inject the icing into each cake.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress